- If not already enabled, enable Developer options in Android
- In Developer options, turn on “Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log”
- Make your Bluetooth headphones connect to Android (power on Bluetooth on your phone)
- Log should be saved in the phone primary storage in “Android/data” folder, file named “btsnoop_hci.log”. There’s a lot of other folders so don’t get lost!
- Transfer that file to desktop computer and open it in Wireshark.
- In the “Apply a display filter” field, enter “btavdtp” and press enter.
- All the codecs your headphones support are on the lines right after “GetCapabilities”. The final codec that phone selected is on line after “SetConfiguration”.
Captured log with QCY QY31 confirms that these earphones really support aptX but not only that, it also supports AAC!
The mini mono earphone QCY Q26 really supports just SBC.